Each surrogacy journey is beautifully unique – just like the individuals involved – and the experience means something different to everyone. For some, the benefits of surrogacy are obvious, but it’s the often-overlooked benefits that are most valuable.
Whether you’re just starting your research on choosing the best agency or getting closer to the baby’s birth, the team at Surrogate Parenting Services (SPS) encourages you to take a moment to think about the advantages that mean the most to you. To help you get started, we wanted to highlight the benefits we hear most often from our clients.
The Benefits of Surrogacy for Intended Parents
The greatest benefit for the intended parent(s) is pretty clear; at the end of the journey, they will bring home the child they’ve dreamed about for so long. That, in and of itself, is the primary reason both parties have partnered on this journey.
But let’s dive deeper into the advantages of gestational surrogacy. Here are some of the other benefits for the intended parent(s):
- Couples and individuals struggling with infertility are able to grow their families.
- Hopeful parents in the LGBTQ community are given an alternative to adoption.
- One or both of the intended parents can be biologically related to the child.
- The intended parent(s) can be involved in the pregnancy process . Often they can be present for major milestones like the embryo transfer, ultrasound of the first heartbeat, and the birth.
- A bond can naturally develop between the surrogate mother and the intended parent(s) – adding layers of support and partnership to the experience.
- As the child grows up, the intended parent(s) can share stories about the pregnancy, the surrogacy, and her family.
- There may be fewer restrictions for gestational surrogacy than for adoption – giving a possibility to those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to have children.
- Since surrogate mothers have already carried a baby, there’s a higher likelihood of success than for women who have been unable to get pregnant or carry a pregnancy to term.
- Gestational surrogacy offers more control over the circumstances surrounding the baby’s birth than with adoption.
- Choosing surrogacy can help to alleviate some of the residual stress that naturally occurs when undergoing infertility treatments.
The Benefits of Surrogacy for Surrogates
By becoming a surrogate, you’re deciding to give the most precious gift possible to the hopeful parent(s). While it’s an incredibly selfless act, don’t forget that there are countless other benefits. You’ll make the world a little bit more joyful because you created a new life (and new parents).
- You can help hopeful parents who have few other options (like those in the LGBTQ community) bring their most precious dream to life.
- If you loved being pregnant, you can experience it again – even if your family is already complete.
- You’ll have a chance (several, actually) to take a break from your caregiving role, so you can get a bit pampered, too. Learn more about our Exclusive Pamper Package.
- You’ll be welcomed into a supportive community of women who have also experienced the surrogacy journey.
- You’ll teach your children important lessons about generosity, helping others, and being inclusive.
- You’ll strengthen the bonds you share with those friends and family members who join your support system.
- You’ll enjoy some of the best health care and counseling available in your area.
- You will be able to treat your family to a special day out to celebrate the wonderful gift you gave. You can also thank them for supporting you on this special journey!
- Your compensation package can help you take a significant financial step. It can help with paying off debt, starting a college fund, buying a car, or putting a down payment on a home.
Many enjoy the experience so much that they decide to do it again (and again!). In fact, about 50% of the surrogates in the SPS network have had at least two surrogacy journeys. They experience it either with the same intended parent(s) or with new hopeful parents.
Learn More About the Journey with Surrogate Parenting Services
Founded in 1990, Surrogate Parenting Services (SPS) is a full-service surrogacy program that offers both parties an exceptionally supportive environment throughout the surrogacy relationship. We’re passionate about creating ideal matches between surrogates and intended parents. We want the journey to be fulfilling for both sides and for the future child to be brought into this world in the best possible circumstances.
Learn more about our Surrogacy Program online or by calling (949) 363-9525.